The Way It Was ...
A collection of colorful columns from The Daily Standard as remembered by The Old Publisher, Joe Morgan. Click here for index.


Excelsior Springs Historic News Clippings

January 6, 1912, Excelsior Springs Daily Call
A charity committee was appointed by Mayor Craven and President Howard of the Commercial Club. Also serving, D.E. Brands, W.J. Anderson, James Gillen and T.J. Page. Headquarters provided by Craven and McRorey.

July 1, 1912, Excelsior Springs Daily Call
Mitch Agey (house mover) volunteered to move the bandstand at White City to Siloam Park. A subscription committee headed by Dr. W.S. Wallace will gather funds to cover expenses of building foundation, etc.

July 1, 1912, Excelsior Springs Daily Call
This celebrated spring has the distinction of being 10-1/2 percent richer in lithia than any natural mineral water yet discovered.

March 4, 1912, Excelsior Springs Daily Call
To Drink The Waters - Several barrels shipped to the Kansas City team of the American Association for spring training.


Other

The original Uncle Sam is laid to rest in Excelsior Springs