Excelsior Springs Historic Landmarks
Carnegie Foundation Library
Local Register property located at 339 East Broadway. Currently houses the Good Samaritan Center, a nonprofit offering emergency service to the poor.
Clay County State Bank
Local Register property located at 101 East Broadway. Currently houses the Historical Museum and Chamber of Commerce.
National Register property located on Regent and Elms Boulevard. Operating as a landmark 19th century resort hotel.
Hall of Waters
National Register property located at 210 East Broadway. Houses the world's longest water bar, mineral water bottling department, indoor swimming pool, and city government offices.
Hiawatha Boarding House
Located at 101 Linden, corner of Linden and East Excelsior Street. The Excelsior Soda Spring was located on the northeast corner of the property, 401 East Excelsior, where a well had been dug and water was made available from a hand pump on a concrete slab. Privately owned.
St. Luke's Episcopal Church
Local Register property corner of Regent and Kansas City Ave.
Samuel J. Rowell House
Local Register property located at 517 Elms Boulevard. Rowell served as mayor during 1909-1910 and his home was the first private residence built on Elms Boulevard. Privately owned.
Local Register property located corner of South and Marietta Streets. Vacant, endangered property owned by the city government.
Located in Fishing River Linear Park. This pagoda is listed on the Local Register and is the last remaining of the original spring pagodas.
Return to top