Dr. S.D. Henry was a graduate of the Kansas City Homeopathic Medical college and a member of the Homeopathic state and national societies. He was a resident of Excelsior Springs since 1893 and while he was actively engaged in the practice of his profession, he was also identified with the development and improvement of the city. He was president of the Commercial club and took pleasure in answering inquiries concerning the waters on in reference to business propositions. His office was located in the east portion of the building at 329 Broadway, near Siloam Spring. His residence was in Forest Park.